It says tourist: The forgetful tourist

15.2.12

The forgetful tourist

I write, because I forget. At the tender age of thirty, impressions and ideas slide off my brain like water off a duck's back. So when my girlfriend Hannelore and I traveled through Southeast Asia and Australia this winter, I kept a journal. It allowed me to better remember what we saw, tasted and felt puzzled by in these faraway lands. Now that we're back in Belgium after four months on the road, I thought I'd share some of my notes as a travelblog.

This will not be a day-to-day account of the whole trip. I'll skip, gloss over and neglect. But I'll also add book tips, share field recordings and make lists (who doesn't like lists?). Hannelore, a graphic designer by trade, will add a much-needed touch of visual sophistication.
 
Since English is not my mother tongue, I apologize beforehand for any errors I might make. However, I'm sure some leeway is granted: most native speakers I know show serious negligence in the spelling department.

Here it is, our brief escape from the daily grind. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment